Pep Guardiola says that he expects the outcome of the hearing into Manchester City’s alleged Premier League financial rule-breaking to be revealed “in one month”.
The Spanish manager also dismissed reports that City's January spending spree was a pre-emptive strike against a possible future transfer embargo – one of the potential punishments that the club could face.
The hearing took place between September and December in front of an independent commission after City were charged with 115 violations of financial regulations in 2023.
The charges, which City strongly deny, cover a period starting from 2009 and continuing into the 2022-23 season.
City made their first serious moves in a winter transfer window since signing Aymeric Laporte in 2018 as they splashed out around £170 million on Omar Marmoush, Abdukodir Khusanov, Vitor Reis and Nico Gonzalez before Monday's deadline.
City have endured an underwhelming first half of the season in which they have dropped off the pace in the Premier League title race, where they sit fifth in the table, 15 points behind leaders Liverpool.
City also only just scraped into the Uefa Champions League play-offs where they will take on reigning champions Real Madrid over two legs.
Speaking ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fourth round tie at third-tier Leyton Orient, Guardiola revealed that he expected the commission's findings to made public in the next few weeks.
The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach also insisted there was nothing more to the four January arrivals than merely strengthening a squad that has struggled badly compared to previous seasons.
He also said the new signings were made possible partly due to the sales of players such as Cole Palmer to Chelsea and Liam Delap to Ipswich Town.
“In the last five years, we are the last team in the top six for net spend,” he said. “Even after what we have spent in this transfer window, we are away from Chelsea, [Manchester] United, Arsenal, Tottenham, even from Liverpool.
“The reason why is we have sold a lot in the last seasons but, even with that, I know [people say about] this club, it is always 'just about the money'.
“Respect the other ones but in one month I think there will be a verdict and a sentence and after we will see my opinion of what happened so far. Still, at the end, every club can do whatever they want.”
Gonzalez was the last of City's new faces to arrive after completing a £49.9m switch from Porto on deadline day.
The 23-year-old Spaniard gives City a holding option they have sorely missed since linchpin Rodri was sidelined with a serious knee injury in September.
“He has to adapt to the Premier League,” said Guardiola. “I don't know how long it will take but we're really pleased that he's here. He's a player for many years.
“Hopefully next season Rodri will be back but, after an ACL [injury], playing 60-70 games like last seasons is always a risk.

“The first impact has been good but I will not put pressure on his shoulders to solve all the problems that we have. He has just come to help us to be a more stable team and to play better.”
Ballon d'Or winner Rodri has been retained in City's Champions League squad for the remainder of the season, but Guardiola says that does not mean he is likely to play again this season, even though the player has expressed his hope of doing so.
Guardiola said: “I would love to arrive in the latter stages of the Champions League and Rodri could help us but I will not put one second of pressure [on him].
“In my mind Rodri is for next season. He is not here. But, maybe, if he comes back earlier that would be good for us.”